Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What the....

Snow is fun, until you can't feel your toes. Poor Jordyn stayed out a little too long and she cried for a good ten minutes because her feet hurt so bad. I guess I should say it snowed in Vegas and here are the pictures of the good times....and the bad. This is me trying to warm little Jordyn's feet. Poor girl.

We had snow boots for Chelsie, so when we were done playing she was still happy!

This is a picture on the way to the snow hill where we were going to try and sled, but it didn't work. We don't have a sled so we were using a cardboard box. I know, I know, but I can't see buying a sled to use every 7 years. It hasn't snowed like this since we've lived here, I was just glad we had hats to wear. Luckily we go to Idaho enough that we have some warm clothes.

This is Wednesday night, the second day it snowed in Vegas. The snow packed so well. We built a huge, very nonproportional snowman. We used the flags on the golf course for arms. This is actually the practice green by the clubhouse.
This picture is hard to see, but it is a palm tree covered in snow.


Chelsie Lynn sitting on the giant snowman.
Me and Chelsie

This is the house and all the trees in the yard covered with snow. I still can't believe it.


When we rolled the snow it looked like carpet all rolled up. It was crazy. We could have made a huge snowman, but I couldn't help lift very well. It was so heavy. Wherever you would roll the snow it would leave little tracks of grass behind, it was fun!
Jordyn took this picture of me, and I put it on here because it looks like I am photoshopped in, but it is real. I am standing outside the front door.

The first snowfall was on Monday, and this was the snowman we made. Not nearly as much snow as today. This is me and my baby!!
My two baby girls with the snowman!
When we arrived to make the snowman this was written already, so we took a picture. His name was even spelled right. This is like hole number six on the golf course. if you look close you can see the sand trap in the background.

All bundled up and ready to go.
Jordyn trying to make a snowball.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

That is crazy. I had no clue it snowed over there. Gotta be a fun break!!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! poor JOrdyn! it looks like so much fun - except that it will melt very soon and you can all warm up. Loved the pics!

Alli Waldron said...

That picture of Jordyn crying is SO cute! That is so funny that her feet got that cold!

We had so much fun in the snow. I wished this happened every year!

Crazy Campbells said...

That would just make my year if I would snow that much in Georgia. Instead we are having some sort of heat wave. It is in the high 60's and the humidity makes it feel like the 80's. It is just too much for me! You guys made an awesome snowman and the arms were great. We miss you guys!!