Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fire Safety

So a funny story came out of a scary situation while we were camping at Bear Lake. Saturday morning we all got up and went out to hang around the fire to keep warm and have breakfast. Well i was sitting in a chair next to the fire when Jordy walked right in front of me and somehow lost her balance. I think she tripped on a rock and fell backwards into the fire. Jordyn started yelling and I immediatley jumped up and grabbed her by a leg and the front of her jacket. I set her down on her feet and realized the right arm of her jacket was still smoking (not quite in flames but getting there). Laura's sister was there before i could even get the zipper of her jacket all the way down. She pulled the jacket and her shirt over her head and before we could get her to the faucet to run her hand under cold water Mary (laura's mom) had grabbed a gatorade cooler and dumped it on Jordyn like she was a head coach that just won the NBA championship. Too be fair somebody was screaming "Jordyns on fire". So nobody really knew how bad it was until we got her to the faucet. It turned out she just had a few burns on her hand that have healed up nicely since the trip. But lets just say that is one experience i hope none of you have to have. that is pulling your kid out of a fire pit. But I will also never forget Mary's gatorade shower she gave Jordyn. We had a good laugh about it after we knew Jordyn was ok. Anyway, we have some more pictures we will get up from the trip when we get to them. Go Sox.


If you look closely to the pictures you can see her jacket sleeve is all melted and her bandaged hand. Her Jacket is the pink one Kayla is holding. We asked her if she wanted to keep it and she say no, throw it away. So, we did. Jordyn is with her cousins in this picture. Ashton, Stephen, JD, Jordan, Jordyn, and Kayla.

5 comments:

Stephens said...

Looks like Bear Lake was awesome- other than your daughter catching on fire- Yikes!! I miss the Idaho outdoors. It's actually green here, but too warm and too many bugs for camping. Anyway, we will be in Idaho at the end of Oct.-beginning of Nov. for Megan's wedding. It is kind of a random time, but if for some reason you are in town we have to get together!

Brooke said...

I'm glad that Jordyn is ok! She seems to still be smiling in the pics, so it must not have been too tramatizing...you'll have to let us know if she has anything against Gatorade after being soaked with it :-)

Sean said...

that is funny! I would have loved to see her face when she got the cooler dumped on her!! Gald to see she is ok

Danica said...

Looks like Bear Lake was some fun. You need to call us the next time you come into town. Your kids are sure growing up quick. Just to let you know, I joined the blogness, I guess. It's not much, but if you want to check it out it is www.nateanddanica.blogspot.com
~Danica

Ipuna Black said...

SCARY!!! (Jordyn. I am glad she was OK!)